Dallas County Republican Party Annual Scholarship Award
Each year, members of the Dallas County Republican Central Committee offer a scholarship, in the amount of $500.00, to a Dallas County, Iowa, graduating senior. This scholarship is designed to provide financial support to a graduate attending college or a trade school who is involved with the Republican Party.
The scholarship is based on essay content, with special consideration given to applicants with a track record of contributing positively to local government and/or campaign activities that are dedicated to the principles of the Republican Party.
1. Must be a Dallas County Resident.
2. Must be graduating and attending a college or trade school in the current school year.
3. Must attach a brief letter of recommendation from an adult (non-relative) who can attest to your character and interests.
4. Must show through application: extracurricular actives that show service to the community.
5. Must complete essays per guidelines below.
6. If awarded scholarship, winning applicant agrees to allow essay answers, or segments of essay answers, to be published.
Essay: (Please answer both questions and attach to application)
1. What do you see as being the core values of the Republican Party, and how do you see those values working to improve the future of our country? (250 word minimum)
2. Imagine you are the elected Representative of your hometown, or are working on the campaign or staff of an elected Representative. What issues would you work to address, and how would you strive to enact conservative policies in your local area? Lay out a plan of how you would implement your Republican ideals. (400 word minimum)
All applications are due by May 31 of the current school year.
Completed application should be submitted by email to email@example.com or by U.S. mail to:
Dallas County Republican Party
Attn: Annual Scholarship Award
PO Box 71
Waukee, Iowa 50263
Here’s the link to download the application: